Re: MODULE_GC_KLUDGE conditional compilation blocks

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: MODULE_GC_KLUDGE conditional compilation blocks
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 02:36:46 +0100

Hello,

On 15 May 2010, at 22:22, Graham Percival wrote:

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Ian Hulin <address@hidden> wrote:
As I understand it, these are to get round problems with Guile pre V1.8,7,
which we no longer support.  Is it now safe to delete this code?

According to configure.in, we only require guile 1.8.2 or higher.
Should that be bumped?

My main system has guile 1.8.5, but I'm quite willing to increase that
if we have a good reason.  But if we're going to do this, it should be
ASAP; 2.13.21 claimed to have our "final version of required
libraries".

For reference, GUB uses guile 1.8.7, so there's no problem there.

(anybody know what lilybuntu has?  if you have it, just run "guile
-v".

Guile 1.8.5

James