Re: [wishlist] enhancing text spanners

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: [wishlist] enhancing text spanners
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 13:37:20 +0200

2010/5/25 Wilbert Berendsen <address@hidden>:

> It is already possible by abusing the DynamicTextSpanner:
>
> \relative c' {
>  \set crescendoSpanner = #'text
>  \set crescendoText = "ri"
>  c1\<
>  \set crescendoText = "te"
>  d\<
>  \set crescendoText = "nu"
>  e\<
>  \set crescendoText = "to"
>  \once \override Voice.DynamicTextSpanner #'dash-period = #-1
>  f\<
>  g1\!
> }
>
> I also use this for things like poco - - a - - poco - - cres - - cen - - do
> etc.

Hi!

What would be great is that it "splits" and "spreads" automatically
between the beginning and the end of the spanner.

For example the six parts (words) of  poco - - a - - poco - - cres - -
cen - - do  would be evenly spaced through notes durations like the
use of \fill-line for markups...  :D

Cheers,
Xavier

--