Re: state of the release: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: state of the release: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 16:38:55 +0100

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hopefully, when Lilypond is ready to make my development startup easy, I'll
> have time for Lilypond development. In the meantime, perhaps I can send diff
> files -- if that process isn't too difficult -- for simple(r) patches, like
> my underline enhancement.

The process for a diff is:

1)   mv file file.old
2)   ... edit file...  (if you've already edited the file, then you
could grab the original from gitweb or something like that)
3)  diff -u file.old file > foo.diff
4)  send email with foo.diff attached.