Re: CG source code as an archive

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: CG source code as an archive
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 19:59:49 +0200

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 7:55 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Nobody should be building the regtests without installing git.
> Developers need git.  Bug Squad people should look at the official
> online regtests.

Granted.

> No, because
> 1) the CG is not written sequentially
> 2) the CG is not supposed to be read sequentially
> 3) contributors need the source code before they can compile anything

Yes, I understand the rationale. But I'm just used, as a user opening
a manual, to see the "compiling" stuff right on top.

> "buried" ?!  It's the only thing in the right-hand box on:
>    http://lilypond.org/website/source.html
> How much simpler can you get?

Oh, indeed. I stand corrected. I had only been using
http://lilypond.org/website/development.html so far.

Cheers,
Valentin