Re: VirtualBox & lilybuntu

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: VirtualBox & lilybuntu
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 17:56:49 -0500

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden> wrote:

> The choice doesn't seem clear to me, and none of the options appear to work
> when I choose them.
> Is there a specific place I need to save the lilybuntu.iso image/file in
> order for VirtualBox to see it?

You have to use the Virtual Media Manager to tell it where the .iso
file resides. Also I think you have to be sure in your settings that
it has cd rom enabled (even though it's a file not a disk).  Open the
media manager (from File menu, I think--sorry but I don't have the
program installed right now), then select the CD/DVD images tab, then
choose to "Add" a disk and browse to your lilybuntu.iso file. You have
to set the boot order in your VB preferences for the virtual machine
to boot first from the CD drive and select the right .iso file to boot
from.  When I wrote this part of the CG I said to refer to the
VirtualBox manual for all of this stuff, and I still think that's the
best thing to do. HTH,

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp