Re: cap in path routine (was: Re: Eyeglasses (was Re: -dbackend=svg ...

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: cap in path routine (was: Re: Eyeglasses (was Re: -dbackend=svg ... warning: missing stencil expression `embedded-ps'))
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 11:33:51 -0700

2010/6/6 Patrick McCarty <address@hidden>:
> 2010/6/6 josé henrique padovani <address@hidden>:
>> Just to be sure: Is it possible to set different caps with the path routine?
>> (I didn't found this option)
>> If not, would it be possible to add an optional variable to set it and have
>> it working on both ps and svg backends?
>
> It's not possible right now, but I'll plan on adding support for it shortly.

Looking into this more, I see two issues:

1) What names should we use for the different linecap options?
2) Where should these values be specified?

For 1), we could use the PostScript naming convention, though it is
somewhat difficult to remember.  The SVG naming convention is easier
to understand, but more wordy.

For 2), I don't really know at the moment.  :-)

I think it would be best to find a "general" solution that will work
for all routines capable of supporting linecap settings (for example,
'draw-line and 'polygon).

Any thoughts (about syntax, or otherwise)?

Thanks,
Patrick