Re: tablature: ties and harmonics (issue1669041)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: tablature: ties and harmonics (issue1669041)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:47:24 +0000

Looks pretty good.  I have a few comments about things that seem to be
unnecessarily specific to harmonics.

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/1669041/diff/26001/27003
File scm/define-grob-interfaces.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/1669041/diff/26001/27003#newcode91
scm/define-grob-interfaces.scm:91: 'harmonic-parentheses-interface
Calling this "parenthesis-interface" would allow its use for other
applications of parentheses and would be a good idea, in my opinion.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1669041/diff/26001/27004
File scm/define-grob-properties.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/1669041/diff/26001/27004#newcode56
scm/define-grob-properties.scm:56: (angularity ,number? "Angularity of a
bracket.")
"angle bracket" instead of "bracket"?

http://codereview.appspot.com/1669041/diff/26001/27004#newcode130
scm/define-grob-properties.scm:130: (bracket-width ,number? "Width of
the harmonic angle bracket.")
Why do we need bracket-width?  Why can't we just use the pre-existing
width property?

http://codereview.appspot.com/1669041/diff/26001/27004#newcode850
scm/define-grob-properties.scm:850: (white-padding ,number? "Amount of
padding surrounding a harmonic
Why make this specific for harmonics?  Why not just "Amount of white
space boundary in a whiteout" or something similar?

http://codereview.appspot.com/1669041/diff/26001/27007
File scm/tablature.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/1669041/diff/26001/27007#newcode155
scm/tablature.scm:155: (define (draw-harmonic-stencil dir grob)
Why not use parenthesize-stencil (see scm/stencil.scm)?  This seems like
duplicated code, and we should probably avoid that if possible.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1669041/show