Re: Quickstart guide

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: Quickstart guide
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:40:22 +0100

Joseph,

You said

> I'm talking about creating a 1-page quickstart readme guide, probably
> customized per platform, that would be _part of the install_ on
> platforms where people are used to GUIs.

But at the same time you prefaced this with

> Please let me emphasize that I'm not talking about cutting material from
> the existing docs or website, nor am I saying that the information in
> question is not provided by the existing website.

So is this a request for 'paraphrasing' what is already in the docs?

I am a little confused too, and when you said..

> ... that would be _part of the install_ on
>> platforms where people are used to GUIs.

Is where I think the confusion with 'editors' came from.

As far as I can make out, all you are asking for is to take what is already here (for example):

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/web/macos-x

and making it part of the download?

Otherwise I am not sure what it is the quickstart would offer over this. Which is I think what Graham was getting at.

Isn't this a 'quickstart'?

James