google analytics and .htaccess

From: Graham Percival
Subject: google analytics and .htaccess
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 14:18:59 +0100

Does anybody have previous experience with google analytics and/or
.htaccess redirection?  I think we're just about ready to switch
to the new website (at least for a 1-day test), but it's delayed
for two reasons:

1)  it would be nice if google analytics could tell us info about
how people use the new website.  This may require tweaking
something, setting some options somewhere, or whatever.
I know nothing about analytics, so I don't even know what I don't
know.  That makes me nervous.  Also, I don't have the time to
spend hours reading through their docs.  So it would be really
nice if I could work with somebody who knows what they're doing
about this.

2)  the actual switch would -- I think -- just consist of changing
a few lines in the .htaccess to point to /website/ intead of
/web/.  Again, I know nothing about .htaccess, so I don't even
know what I don't know, so working with somebody with a clue would
avoid a delay of a few hours and get it up there sooner, etc.

I'm going to be away from Glasgow for a large chunk July.  I'll
still have email, but limited time and no lilypond-compilable-able
computers.  So if we don't get the new website up in the next two
weeks, it won't happen until August.