Re: Auto-beaming infrastructure redo

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Auto-beaming infrastructure redo
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 16:25:08 +0100

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 08:22:15AM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> I'm trying to redo auto-beaming so that it matches better with what I read
> in the literature.  When I get it done, I hope to have it set up so that the
> default properties do the right thing, and all we have to do is define
> exceptions.  Working in this framework, I think the LilyPond syntax needs to
> change.

The 2.14 release just got pushed back 1-2 months.

I'm not disputing the musical need for this additional reworking,
nor your technical expertise in this area.  Your email was very
well-reasoned and convincing.

But I'm disappointed that no user (should have) ever tried out
your previous work (since it never reached a stable or beta
version), and frustrated at our continual
project-starting-with-no-finishing.