Re: Revised autobeam settings patch (issue1682049)

From: Arno Waschk
Subject: Re: Revised autobeam settings patch (issue1682049)
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 18:33:46 +0200

dear list,

i am *completely* confused by this autobeaming thing and especially its documentation. even after reading it twice i do not have a clue how to practically use those things. it rather appears as a highly complex mixture of *either* telling me what instructions and value exists *or* what they might contain *or* what changing them might have an effect, but i am completely lost in trying to combine that information.

and it seems it does not really cover my actual problem:

in a 8/32 measure, i am always having as a 9-tuplet (filling one measure) 3 16th notes and one dotted 16th (in all possible orders). and i want always whole bar beams. which works fine unless the dotted 16th is first.
how do i change that?

Cheers, Arno

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:49:02 +0200, <address@hidden> wrote:

On 2010/07/13 15:02:56, Carl wrote:

On 2010/07/11 23:31:50, Neil Puttock wrote:
> beam-type ?

I think not, because we're not talking about an argument to a function
call or
an entry in an alist here.  We're talking about something that comes
from the
music.  But I could be convinced otherwise.

I don't mind which, I was more concerned by the inconsistency: on the
next line, it says beam-type (and you use beam-type in the @itemize
block above, *before* you've presented the example for beaming rules
which uses beam-type1, beam-type2 etc.)

http://codereview.appspot.com/1682049/show