Re: (re?)directing compile output to a file

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: (re?)directing compile output to a file
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 06:12:17 -0700 (PDT)

Jonathan Kulp-2 wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 6:24 AM, David Currie <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> I am a musician and a programmer.
>> How does one redirect/direct (lilypond) compile output to a file and not
>> stdout
>> using command line options(or otherwise).
> What you want, I think, is the -V command line option, but I haven't
> ever done this on Windows. I suspect if you use a command prompt and
> do lilypond -V it will do what you want. Capturing it in a
> log file is then a matter of redirecting the output in the usual dos
> prompt way (which I don't know how to do, sorry).

the most simple is to cd / pushd to your file folder and then invoke

lilypond 2>test.log

the output will automagically be directed to test.pdf ( or .png or whatever
you choose as format)

the first pipe ( [1]> - or how you name it - is where Lilypond
directs special output to (like when you use \displayLilypondMusic)

see also convert-ly in the usage manual for further possibilities!

imo this should be described more clearly in a manual - specially for users
who are not accustomed to the shell/dos/cmd prompt!

Sent from the Gnu - Lilypond - Dev mailing list archive at