Re: Change syntax for woodwind-diagram markup (issue1946043)

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Change syntax for woodwind-diagram markup (issue1946043)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:46:02 +0000

On 2010/08/15 04:10:36, Carl wrote:

I tested, and verified that I don't need it, but why?  I thought that
we had
checks to issue a warning if an undefined property was used.  Is that
only for
context properties?

It depends on whether you think users are likely to do this (where you'd
also have to `graphical' to an interface),

\override TextScript #'graphical = ##t
\override TextScript #'text = \markup \woodwind-diagram ...

rather than this:

\markup \override #'(graphical . #t) \woodwind-diagram ...

There's no type-checking for markup props, but you can sneakily use them
in grob overrides so they leak into markup, even if LilyPond protests.

Cheers,
Neil

http://codereview.appspot.com/1946043/