Re: security patch for font stuff might have broken doc build

From: James
Subject: Re: security patch for font stuff might have broken doc build
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:10:12 +0100

Graham,

On 22/08/2010 13:23, Graham Percival wrote:
A few days ago, I did a security update on ubuntu 9.04 (the current
lilypond build machine).  I'm not certain if I did any security
updates since early July -- I was mostly away for this period.

I'm now seeing tons of failed files in the doc build; I'm not certain
if *any* of them are passing.  I cannot even build git tag
release/2.13.30-1, and I am dead certain that I could built that a
week ago, and I've built git master after that point (but before doing
this security update).

Does anybody else see a similar thing?

I suspect one of these:
   http://www.debian.org/security/2010/dsa-2080
   http://www.debian.org/security/2010/dsa-2093
or this one:
   http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-972-1
(the debian notices are formatted better)

Poking around in the log files showed various children with errors,
but trying to run those commands manually produces warnings that
foo.png.old don't exist.  Does anybody else see this, or am I going
crazy?

I am not sure if it is these updates.

I am no longer using Lilybuntu as I managed to get Ubuntu 10.04 netbook remix to compile LilyPond and docs (it's a nicer interface for a \teeny screen).

-rw-r--r--   2 jlowe jlowe   797865 2010-08-19 20:58 contributor.pdf

This was the last time I compiled anything on this specific machine.

The version that you listed below

http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-972-1

are the ones I have installed.

There were some kernel security updates that came in since the weekend that I have yet to apply.

But I did quick sanity check and touched notation.itely and re-did a make doc and it all worked ok.

Does this help?

james