Re: Align metronome mark at time signature or first musical element. Fix

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Align metronome mark at time signature or first musical element. Fixes #684. (issue1579041)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:54:24 +0000

On 2010/08/24 13:26:14, jan.nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Obviously, I missed your last set of comments.

I removed metronome-mark from the break-aligned lists and
removed the break-aligned-interface.

The self-alignment-interface was already added in a previous
version of the patch, I think.

> OK, so it's unlikely, but a user might use a callback to set
> 'break-align-symbols instead of a simple list.

> lily/metronome-engraver.cc:88: text_->get_property_data
("break-align-symbols"))
> get_property ()

Ah, I see.  All changed.

Cheers, looks fine.  I'm testing at the moment; will report back
shortly.

I'm curious about other get_property_data () usages
though, in beam, bar-number-engraver, etc?

I think in the case of beam-engraver.cc it's used to check whether
there's been an explicit setting for staff-position (rather than relying
on a callback): if so, it comes from a manually positioned rest (e.g.,
c4\rest) so doesn't need to be chained for beam avoidance.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1579041/