Re: -dinclude-settings=INCLUDEFILE.ly

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: -dinclude-settings=INCLUDEFILE.ly
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 04:40:31 -0700 (PDT)

Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Alexander Kobel wrote Saturday, September 04, 2010 11:11 AM

>>> This works fine here in the Vista command window:
>>>
>>> C:\Users\Trevor>lilypond -dinclude-settings=includes/testInit.ly
>>> test4.ly
>>>
>>> It also works if I use a backslash, but it generates the warning:
>>>
>>> programming error: file name not normalized: includes\testInit.ly
>>> continuing, cross fingers
>>
>> Looks like relative paths are okay, while absolute paths cause
>> trouble. Just an idea, I don't own a Windows system to test.
>
> Not that either.  This works fine:
>
> C:\Users\Trevor>lilypond
> -dinclude-settings=C:/Users/Trevor/includes/testInit.ly
> C:/Users/Trevor/test4.ly
>
> Trevor

now i found that it works if i rename the lilypond file and start lilypond
with the full specification:

"c:\program files\lilypond2.13.32\usr\bin\lilypond"
-dinclude-settings=c:/data/ly/includes/myTestInit.ly test.ly

but not with

"c:\program files\lilypond\usr\bin\lilypond"
-dinclude-settings=c:/data/ly/includes/myTestInit.ly test.ly
or
lilypond -dinclude-settings=c:/data/ly/includes/myTestInit.ly test.ly

i have cleaned up my registry, uninstalled lilypond and re-loaded, but it
does not help!

???