TabNoteHeads in tie/slur or tie/glissando combinations

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: TabNoteHeads in tie/slur or tie/glissando combinations
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:28:44 +0200

Hello all,

lilypond handles tied notes within a TabStaff (almost) correctly, but I ran into problems
with combinations of tie/slur or tie/glissando combinations.

Consider this example:

\version "2.13.33"

test = {  d4 ~ d (  e2 ) | d4 ~ d \glissando e2 | }

\score {
 <<
 \new Staff { \clef "G_8" \test }
 \new TabStaff { \test }

}

The second note in each measure should not disappear in such cases, but rather be displayed in parentheses, in the second measure for example like this: 0 (0) / 2

Is there a possibility to check whether a note head is the right bound of a tie
AND the left bound of a slur or a glissando?
I thought about checking for the TabNoteHead #'transparent value for the left bound, but this would not work in cases where the user wanted to make the note heads explicitly invisible (i.e. for the simulation of chord glissandos via additional helper voices with invisible note heads), so I assume it is not that simple. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Marc