Re: Doc fixes for \applyOutput ... ok to push?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Doc fixes for \applyOutput ... ok to push?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 18:22:45 +0100

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 08:31:10AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Mark Polesky <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > +Use the @code{@@address@hidden@address@hidden command when referring to
> > +individual language-specific tokens (keywords, commands,
> > +engravers, scheme symbols, etc.) in the text.  Ideally, a single
> > address@hidden@@address@hidden@address@hidden block should fit within one
> > line in the
> > +PDF output.
>
> I have not followed Texinfo development closely, but I think that most
> of the time, there were no line breaks in typewriter fonts done at all.

Nope; we get line breaks in stuff like @code{\override
Voice.textscript #'padding = #3}.  :(

I'm not certain whether this constitutes a bug with texinfo itself
(i.e. I'm not going to argue about what the default formatting
should be), but it would definitely be nice if we could make our
backends (texi2pdf, texi2html) avoid newlines in such material.
I can't remember if this made its way onto the tracker or not.