Re: names of vertical spacing dimensions

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: names of vertical spacing dimensions
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:24:37 +0100

James wrote Tuesday, October 12, 2010 1:27 PM

On 12/10/2010 12:54, David Kastrup wrote:
James<address@hidden>  writes:

Hello,

On 2010-10-09 17:46, Mark Polesky wrote:
CURRENT NAME PROPOSED NAME
------------ -------------
top-system top-system
top-title top-markup
between-title markup-markup
after-title markup-system
between-system system-system
before-title system-markup
bottom-system system-bottom
between-scores-system score-system

Why do we have

'top-system' but 'system-bottom' and not instead, 'bottom-system'?

Because there is no system after the bottom?

?

I'll stop if I am really showing my ignorance (I am not a code developer),

I'm afraid you're showing your ignorance as a musician.
System and score are not synonomous.  A system is a "line"
of music which includes the all the staves which are
grouped together.  Conductor scores will usually have
one system per page; vocal scores of SATB plus piano
reduction will usually have two systems per page.

Trevor