Re: What is the beef with \longa stems?

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: What is the beef with \longa stems?
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:59:51 -0400

    Valentin> On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 7:01 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden>
wrote:
    >> why are longas treated specially?

    Valentin> Though I don't know how to answer that question, I suspect
    Valentin> the answer might help solve
    Valentin> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=826

I suspect not, because the problem with that issue isn't that lilypond
itself does something wrong with the longa tail, but because
lilypond-book's treatment of the bounding box cuts off the tail.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you
give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in
judgment.

J.R.R. Tolkein, _The Lord of the Rings_