Re: Build: another hack for translations (fix 1323). (issue2520041)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Build: another hack for translations (fix 1323). (issue2520041)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 00:35:59 +0100

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 01:21:09AM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> Il giorno dom, 17/10/2010 alle 23.45 +0100, Graham Percival ha scritto:
> > If the patch breaks offline docs, then something is /really/
> > messed up.  Did my 819365f311a832c5cc57f086016069efdbee91fa break
> > the offline docs?
>
> No, I did tests before pulling to include this commit.  BTW I think the
> line "my $reldir = $ENV{DEPTH}" just above your changes is not sane:
> it's not correct to use it for translations, so I'm not surprised you
> pulled your hair as I'll do next morning :-P

Ok.  A few things spring to mind:
- maybe the DEPTH environment variable isn't always set to the
  depth of the git source tree?  I mean, that would be profoundly
  messed up, but this might explain why the offline docs
  (normally, before today at least) work?  I mean, maybe the
  GNUmakefile in the translation pass in the depth-1 ?  :)
- maybe there's something else in postprocess.py (or some related
  file) which automatically removes a ../ layer from the
  translations?  I think this is much more likely.  But if this
  is true, then fixing the "my $reldir" line in the texi2html
  init is going to make the later fix produce broken links.
  That's not bad, as long as you expect to see those broken
  links, and know that you need to hunt down the no-longer-needed
  fix.  :)