Re: [Patch] Fix #903: Add shortcuts for note names languages.(issue26060

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix #903: Add shortcuts for note names languages.(issue2606042)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 23:27:11 +0100

Valentin Villenave wrote Saturday, October 23, 2010 9:54 PM

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:53 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:

I like this idea as a way to get the functionality you want in the short term. But I don't like it for the long term. I think the long-term
syntax needs to be

\language "foobar"

So I thought, but here's a way to do it anyway: see attached patch.

Well, I tried it under Windows Vista and it seems to work fine, at least on a simple test with english.ly. I can't vouch for the purity of the coding
though, and of course we'll need some doc changes, reg test, and
a convert-ly change.

It doesn't work for arabic.ly, as you say, nor for bagpipe.ly, but as
neither of those are languages (arabic.ly is for Arabic music rather
than the Arabic language) I don't think that's a problem. All genuine
language files should be OK.

As a way of introducing the improved syntax this LGTM.

Trevor