Re: (tuplet . around) causes regtests to fail to compile

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: (tuplet . around) causes regtests to fail to compile
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:18:36 +0200 (CEST)

> lilypond -dcheck-internal-types input/regression/slur-tuplet.ly
>
> It appears that there is some internal error in LilyPond that is
> causing -dcheck-internal-types not to work properly.

Yep.

> I'm afraid this is over my head, although I'll look around a bit
> more at it.

I did a bit of debugging, and the offending routine is

  type_check_assignment

in file lily-guile.cc; for the above lilypond call it gets passed a
value of 0x204 for `val'.[1] This is obviously a special constant,
however, I haven't found out what guile symbol this corresponds to due
to the extremely cryptic definitions in libguile's `tags.h' file.
Eventually, the function calls `scm_call_1' using `val' as an
argument, and guile doesn't like this.

My conclusion is that `type_check_assignment' isn't prepared to handle
special value `0x204', whatever it is.

    Werner

[1] I've set a breakpoint to `add_boxes', run the program, continued
    twice, then I've set a breakpoint to `type_check_assignment', and
    continued once.