Re: lilymidi and lilysong

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: lilymidi and lilysong
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 13:28:06 +0100

On 30 October 2010 13:05, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:

> Do we still want to ship the lilysong and lilymidi scripts? I'm not
> sure if these still work, and there's hardly any documentation
> whatsoever.

They both worked when I tested them last month (following the
instructions here:
http://cvs.freebsoft.org/repository/singing-computer/README?view=markup)

> From what I understand, both are Emacs-related: lilysong was part of
> Milan's plan for festival voice-synthesis support; as for lilymidi,
> it's even more unclear what it's for.

lilysong is the command which converts the XML file created by
\festival[syl] to MIDI.

See this thread for my comments on lilymidi:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-09/msg00350.html

> I haven't opened a tracker page yet, but I will if you guys deem it
> appropriate.

I think these are covered by the existing issue for festival
documentation/testing.

Cheers,
Neil