Re: Clef support for cue notes (issue2726043)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Clef support for cue notes (issue2726043)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:50:17 +0100

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 11:26 PM, James Lowe <address@hidden> wrote:
> If it's being used as a 'proper noun' it would be capitalised.

I fail to see how it is a proper noun. "Clefs that are normal" ->
adjective, isn't it?

> But it seems the rules are slightly different for American English (which our
> Docs are in), here from wikipedia (so it must be true!)....
>
> capitalization where the colon is followed by an independent clause (i.e. a
> complete sentence).

This clause doesn't exist in French. Has to be what Graham was referring to.

> PS It looks wrong to my eyes BTW (but I'm not American...or Canadian ;) )

What makes it look wrong is also that we do not have such grobs as
NormalClef or whatever...

Thank you for the explanation; nice to see that some people still
speak proper English :)

Cheers!
Valentin.