Re: PATCH emmentaler's accidentals overridden by euro symbol etc

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: PATCH emmentaler's accidentals overridden by euro symbol etc
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 20:12:12 +0100

> Since we're playing in a non-coordinated area of the display space, how do
> we ensure that we don't have this same problem show up again in six months
> when somebody else has a special character they want to add so some font
> (like the rewind icon at 0xE58D you mention in the patch)?

Indeed.  The unicode man page says than 0xE000 is unallocated area.
Not to mention: why is this overriding happening at all,
the Emmentaler font is selected and has no euro there.

If it weren't for one of these questions, I would have applied it
already.  On the other hand, currently the font is unusable on
the desktop...

Jan.

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl