Re: request for help for research from Guatemala

From: James
Subject: Re: request for help for research from Guatemala
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 17:26:50 +0000

On 03/11/2010 16:49, MartínGuzmán wrote:
Good afternoon, my name is Martin Guzman. I am a student of Computer Science at
the Del Valle University of Guatemala. I am currently taking the course of
construction of compilers, so I've been doing research on conventional and non
conventional compilers. As part of my research I found LilyPond, but did not
find the information I need for my research... That is why I am writing to you.
It would be quite helpful to my research if you could provide me some
information of the phases that are performed when a file is compiled.

i would start here:

Most of this information has been added by one of the developers and gives you a general overview. This will get you started.

You can then find all the information in the manuals here:

For example:

This document explains how to execute the programs distributed with LilyPond version 2.13.38.

This is the Internals Reference (IR) for version 2.13.38 of LilyPond, the GNU music typesetter.