Re: follow-up to report 22

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: follow-up to report 22
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 15:15:13 +0100

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Great!  Let's move on, OK?  If Valentin wants to patch the documentation,
> then he can propose a patch.  The same applies to anyone else who wants to
> propose a patch.

*I* certainly am in no place to propose a patch, since I don't know
*anything* about the -hackers mailing list (which is why we're having
this conversation in the first place). [As I wrote in the Report, and
as David noticed as well, the LilyPond community is currently divided
in two categories: those who know, and those who don't.]

I did, however, make a few suggestions as to what could be done by
people who know about -hackers. And I am slightly annoyed to see that
not only did Graham ignore my last comment on the website, but he also
avoided to answer my former email in this thread.

I have no doubt that you mean well Carl, but in turn I hope that you
can also understand how the way you've just responded actually does
little to alleviate the feeling of disrespect and condescension I've
been trying to describe.

-- Which is also why, by the way, I did bring things out in the open
instead of just suggesting a patch or sending an email to -devel
(which you or Graham, both members of -hackers, understandably feel
more comfortable with). I have yet to see concrete signs of good faith
and trustworthiness in the way my concerns are (or aren't) addressed
(assuming these are just *my* concerns, which I would also like to
determine).

I have accepted the idea that this conversation had to start over
since Graham transported it on -devel (although the website is
perfectly accessible, and a number of other people have posted
commented without any difficulty). However, I somehow hope not to have
to repeat myself again and again: in case anyone missed it, my former
mail is to be found on
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-11/msg00080.html

Thankfully,
Valentin.