Re: Renaming the 'space alist-key

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Renaming the 'space alist-key
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 07:30:55 -0800 (PST)

Trevor Daniels wrote:
> Mark, since you were the only one to vote for this openly
> and Carl, Alexander and I didn't (well, Carl did
> initially, then changed his mind) perhaps you need to be a
> little more open about the voting process or you'll have
> Valentin after you :)  Since you chose to have an open
> vote it should remain open and transparent to the end.

Sorry, I stayed up too late and I wasn't thinking clearly,
and somehow I got the mistaken sense that people were
getting tired of voting.  Additionally, it looks like I
misread a half-quoted post of yours here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-11/msg00146.html

But you're right; I was wrong to resort to backroom
politics.  Sorry again, and thanks for calling me out so
civilly!

All right, hopefully everyone here won't mind one last vote,
so please state your preference among the following:

        SPACE          MINIMUM-DISTANCE
   ------------------  ------------------
1)   basic-distance    minimum-distance
2) initial-distance    minimum-distance
3)   basic-separation  minimum-separation
4) initial-separation  minimum-separation

Alexander, I hope you don't feel disenfranchised, since your
previous choices didn't make it past the "primaries".  Your
vote counts, but your previous choices were in the clear
minority.  It's nothing personal, and I hope you understand!

So, there are at least 7 people with a vested interest.
Please fill in your votes below with your preference among
the 4 choices above.  Anyone else wanting to vote, feel free
to add your name to this list.  I've already filled in mine.

Alexander:
Carl:
David:
Joe: