Re: Doc: translations: manually update syntax (1358) (issue3092041)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: Doc: translations: manually update syntax (1358) (issue3092041)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 20:52:20 +0000

On 2010/11/14 07:13:08, pacovila wrote:
Graham: here are my comments. I will not close the issue until all
other
languages are revised, but for German it is done. Thanks

I'll close this patch request, at least.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3092041/diff/1/Documentation/de/notation/fretted-strings.itely#newcode11
Documentation/de/notation/fretted-strings.itely:11: @c \version
"2.13.39"
Original has 2.13.36 here; while this is technically correct,
translators prefer
to have these strings in sync. The --to=2.13.36 option does this.

Once the current manually-upgrading mess is sorted out, this won't be a
problem -- doc editors (and translators) will never run convert-ly; it
will be run by programmers, on all the doc files at once.  The --to
option should not be used.

Hmm, I just realized that translators _might_ want to run convert-ly
manually, if there's a merge conflict with a recent addition to master.
Ick.  I'll make a note to write policy for this (issue 1397).

http://codereview.appspot.com/3092041/