Re: Line breaks in @file{} entries?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Line breaks in @file{} entries?
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 00:26:46 +0100

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't think we disagree here.  It appeared to me that Valentin was
> thinking that 50 characters was too long.   I am arguing that 50 characters
> is an appropriate maximum length.  A typical optimum line length appears to
> be 55-75 characters, so 50 characters is most of a line.  I'd totally agree
> with breaking file names that are too long.  What automatic breaking
> algorithm would you propose for file names longer than 50 characters?  The
> slash closest to the center?

Guys,
I've fixed all @file refs that were more than 50-chars long (there
were only a dozen or so, so this really was no big deal).

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commitdiff;h=fff96cc1a95042ca4404adcc7f3d7076a83722cf

Next step is to update the CG guidelines. I'll submit a patch this weekend.

Thanks to both of you!

Cheers,
Valentin.