Re: Modify fret calculation algorithm (issue3320041)

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Modify fret calculation algorithm (issue3320041)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 21:03:55 +0100

Am 27.11.2010 14:36, schrieb Carl Sorensen:
No, it's not a syntax error, any more than

\time 4/4 c4 c c |

is a syntax error.

I'm fine to throw an error instead of a warning, so that the output will say
the file failed.  But it's a music error, not a syntax error.
Thanks for your example - I think a false fingering is not a bigger mistake than, say, a bar check error as in your example, so as the latter gives a warning and proceeds,
I think we should handle the fingering equally, so a warning is ok.

lilypond-devel mailing list