gettext status?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: gettext status?
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 15:08:06 +0100

Hi Jean-Charles, greetings everybody,

I've been working on a patch for fr.po but I have a few questions:
 - how do we register at the Translation Project? (actually, I'd
prefer not to bother with it at all, I'd rather send you my patch and
let you review it and upload it for me :)
 - I noticed that several strings were'nt i18n in Lily's source code.
Is there a reason for that? If it's just a matter of enclosing these
in (_ "") or (_f "%s"), I can submit a patch for it. If there's a
policy about it (e.g. "translate warnings but not progerrors", or
something like that) then I can't remember having seen it in the CG
(in which case I may /also/ submit a patch :)
 - I also noticed that some strings in the .po files are actually not
in the source files: for example, have a look at fr.po line 1389. Why
is that? do we need to run xgettext or something?
 - speaking of the CG, maybe it would be better to have "Translation
Work" as a top-level section, so that we could move there everything
related to "Website translation", "Documentation translation", and add
a "Program translation" subsection as well?

Cheers,
Valentin.