Re: lilybuntu 2 and instructions

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilybuntu 2 and instructions
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:21:34 +0000

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 06:39:22AM -0600, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> I've always managed to find a difficult way to do these things.
> These are good instructions. I never knew about out-of-tree building,

and I never knew about ./autogen.sh --noconfigure  until John
mentioned it a few days ago.

That's the whole point of this drawn-out, somewhat-painful process
of the multiple drafts.  I want to finally produce an set of
well-tested, well-thought-out, expert- and novice-approved
instructions.

> Might need note about using Ctrl+Shift+V to paste into a terminal, in
> case people are copying/pasting from the doc pages.

Wow, this never occurred to me -- I just middle-clicked.  I'd
completely forgotten that people using non-unix OS aren't used to
that.

Thanks for the rest of the tips.  I'm definitely starting to think
that one "lilybuntu" section isn't enough; there's too many little
"gotcha"s involved in virtualbox and first-time ubuntu use.  I'll
have a look at what I can do.