Re: lilybuntu 2 and instructions

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: lilybuntu 2 and instructions
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:49:26 +0100

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I've heard feedback from James, Colin, and Phil.  Could we have
> another volunteer try lilybuntu2, and test of those instructions?

Hi Graham,

It might be a good idea to provide users with a version-independent
URL, such as (this way I can
just maintain the symlink without having the CG everytime a new iso is

Likewise, you might also want to consider giving a torrent link (in
many cases it's the preferred way of downloading a LiveCD image).

BTW: since we are effectively distributing a full-blown GNU/Linux
distro, we might want to consider naming it differently; as things
currently are, I'm afraid we're committing a trademark infringement of
Any mark ending with the letters UBUNTU or BUNTU is sufficiently
similar to one or more of the trademarks that permission will be
needed in order to use it.

There have been precedents: