ubuntu lilydev remix

From: Graham Percival
Subject: ubuntu lilydev remix
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 04:45:34 +0000

New instructions are up, and this time they're in the official
docs:
http://lilypond.org/help-us.html

List of known problems, because the lab was freezing (nobody here
seems to have heard of "insulation") and I was already coughing
too much to want to stick around longer:

- the contributor's guide pdf on the desktop is very old.  DO NOT
  READ THAT PDF.  (I think in the future we'll remove it; even if
  we update it now, we should still expect to be updating the CG,
  and people need an internet connection to get the source anyway.
  Now that we have the http link to the CG, the pdf shouldn't be
  necessary)
- I forgot to talk about not doing "make install"
- virtualbox 4.0 is now out; we should check if that changes
  anything
- the chapters other than CG 2. Quick start  aren't particularly
  updated to accommodate that one, and CG 4 compiling  in
  particular is out of date, including questionable build
  instructions.

If you haven't tried it yet, give it a whirl now!  I still expect
to find a number of problems with the docs, but they should be in
pretty good shape by now.