Re: flags, beams and stem length in forced directions - output improveme

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: flags, beams and stem length in forced directions - output improvement
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:38:28 +0100

2010/12/27 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:
> Janek,
>
> I appreciate your work.  And I appreciate your raising the issue.
> (...) [But]
> The *only* way for you to guarantee it is solved is for *you* to do the work.

That's exactly what i expect! I'll try to solve it, as hard as i can.
(The only thing that worries me is that my programming skills are not
high... i only hope that i picked an issue that is not very difficult
to solve)

> If you do it, you can guarantee it's done the way you like it.

Did i understand you correctly? Are you saying that i don't have to
ask the community how they want it to be solved (i mean, what output
they want)?
The reason why I started this thread was essentially because i wanted
to know the community's opinion (and achieve a consensus about the
desired LilyPond behaviour) *before* beginning the work myself. :) I'd
prefer not to write a patch and have it rejected :)

> Another way might be to recruit somebody else to join the developer pool.
> Do you have friends who are interested in both music and programming?  Might
> one of them be willing to join the development team?

The ones i can think of are currently too busy and not excited enough
about having beautiful scores instead of ugly ones... :( Yes, they use
default finale output and don't care about it - sad... I'm trying to
convince them by marking finale's mistakes (this results in my copies
of the scores being covered in red).

Thanks for your answer :)
And please say what do you think about scaling those flags.

Janek :)