Compiling LilyPond - question and documentation

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Compiling LilyPond - question and documentation
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 11:45:20 -0000

I've been experimenting with putting trace messages in Lily by editing the source, make and then using DDD to watch what's going on. My question:

What's the simplest way to revert to the "proper" source, rather than the stuff I've edited, to ensure my source tree is clean?

In doing this, I've been following the CG. In the instructions for LilyBuntu it's explicit about using an out-of-tree build (using a separate "build" directory). In much of the rest of the CG this seems to be ignored.

--
Phil Holmes
Bug Squad