Re: Fix Issue 1290 (issue3832046)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Fix Issue 1290 (issue3832046)
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 23:54:14 +0000

It is interesting to see what gets horizontally padded and what does not
-- accidentals do not, for example.
Whether by accident or design, the choices on what to pad seem
reasonable.

It seems that the same padded skyline is used both for page layout, and
for drawing the outer skylines with debug-skylines.  However, I could
not follow the code to see if the same function is called.  I would
worry about confusion in the future if System's skyline is padded two
different places in the code.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3832046/diff/2001/lily/page-layout-problem.cc
File lily/page-layout-problem.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3832046/diff/2001/lily/page-layout-problem.cc#newcode204
lily/page-layout-problem.cc:204: Real minimum_distance =
up_skyline.distance (bottom_skyline_) + padding;