RE: default .ly file in Windows Install seems to be

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: default .ly file in Windows Install seems to be
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 12:40:32 +0000

Hello,

________________________________
From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of Phil Holmes address@hidden
Sent: 01 January 2011 12:10
To: Jonathan Kulp; Graham Percival
Cc: James Lowe; address@hidden

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Kulp" <address@hidden>
To: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
Cc: "James Lowe" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2011 1:33 AM

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:30:29AM +0000, James Lowe wrote:
>>> I have just downloaded and installed the windows version of 2.13.44-1
>>> and the 'welcome to lilypond' default file seems to have completely
>>> changed.
>>
>> I can't reproduce on linux with wine; the initial file looks like
>> normal to me, and the ly/welcome_to_lilypond.ly file is still
>> present in the uncompressed exe, and has the contents I expect.
>>

> I can test it here if you want me too, but I don't know what it was
> supposed to look like in the first place. I don't think I've ever seen
> it.
>
> Jon
> --

I've got 13.44 installed on native windows (Vista Home Premium, 64 bit).
When I double click the LilyPond icon on the desktop, I get a "Welcome to
LilyPond" file displayed in LilyPad.  I think this is the first time I've
ever done this....

---

As I always forget which development version I have installed on which of the
various machines I happen to be on I use this welcome file as a memory-jogger.

However, I know think this is some artefact on my own system. when I compiled
the file I noticed that it was for a recently reported 'known bug' about key
signatures clashing with arpeggio notation that I was curious about and had
been fiddling about with.

I don't know how or why Lily is retaining this (as you cannot save over this
default file - at least when I try to save I have to put in a whole new name).

Anyway, I apologise for wasting time - this seems to be something on my own
system.

James