Re: lilypond authors, release notes, announcements

From: James
Subject: Re: lilypond authors, release notes, announcements
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:09:27 +0000

Marc,

On 05/01/2011 09:50, Marc Hohl wrote:
My contribution to fonts was the rotation of the G clef and the varsegno
sign
(which nobody seems to use, anyway ;-)

Au contraire mon amis!

I use the varsegno glyph at the slightest opportunity!

It helps the 'beginners' (I find) that I play with as it seems to be much more easy to spot for them that are not used to jumping about in a score, than the regular segno.

I am sure that I am breaking some engraving 'rule' but it's a nice glyph.

What I think we need actually - slightly off topic - is a nice LilyPond-glyph similar in essence to when you see the word 'Latex' in a body of text. I suppose some would call it a 'logotype' or colophon.

tagline = \markup { "Engraved by \musicglyph #"scripts.lilylogo" }

Have fun

James