Re: lilypond authors, release notes, announcements

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond authors, release notes, announcements
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 14:23:24 +0000

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 03:17:51PM +0100, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2011, um 13:33:26 schrieb Graham Percival:
> > That looks quite "busy" to my taste.  My latest 5-minute hack is
> > something like this:
>
> Attached is a small modification (created in inkscape rather than lilypond
> itself). What I really don't like about it is the different slant of the L,
> the l and the p)...

Wow, I like it!  Is there any way to get the "greyed-out" staff in
lilypond directly?

There's two things that I'm not completely sold on.  The half-note
"d" seems a bit weird, and I think the initial "L" could be
spruced up somehow -- it feels a bit "blocky".  Either a more
cursive font, or using some weird mensural glyph for the "L" ?

Anyway, that's definitely the kind of thing I was hoping that
people would create!