RE: Black mensural notation

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Black mensural notation
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 18:40:37 +0000

Hello,

________________________________
From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of Lukas Pietsch address@hidden
Sent: 07 January 2011 18:21
To: Neil Puttock
Cc: address@hidden

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 17:50 +0000, Neil Puttock wrote:
> On 7 January 2011 02:50, Andrew Hawryluk <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I tried running it on a current development snapshot this week, but it
> > didn't have enough memory to run nicely and bogged down my computer
> > with swap traffic (I've got 2 MB here). I gave up on it before it
> > finished. Does it take long to compile the PDF on your system?
>
> I had to do the same (2 GB here. ;)  Before aborting, swap memory had
> shot up to 2.5 GB.
>
> It seems the \ligature function's causing the excessive memory usage.

Dang. :-(

And of course I understand far too little about the internals to have
any idea of what could be causing this. I don't see anything like an
exaggerated memory footprint when I run it on my system (2.12.3 on
Ubuntu Linux 10.04). For mensuraltest.ly, my system monitor shows a
memory usage of max. about 180 MiB, and it takes about 7 seconds to run.

---

I ran it on Windows 2.13.44 (not 45 as I first said) and it took a few seconds
to complile and roughly 150Mb.

James