Re: Fix Issue 1290 (issue3832046)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Fix Issue 1290 (issue3832046)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:50:40 -0700

On 1/7/11 4:28 PM, "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 1/7/11 2:41 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi Carl,
>>
>> Do we have to set a default for skyline-horizontal-padding?  It has a
>> detrimental effect on some of the regtests (particularly
>> stem-length-estimation.ly).
>
> I was hoping that by setting the default, we'd get good spacing and we
> wouldn't need the override.
>
> I see three possibilities:
>
> 1) Change the default value for System skyline-horizontal-padding to see if
> we can make both regtests succeed.
>
> 2) Eliminate the default value for System skyline-horizontal-padding, and
> use an override in skyline-horizontal-padding.ly (and document it more
> clearly).
>
> 3) Leave the default value as it is, and \override it to zero in
> stem-length-estimation.ly.

Further checking shows that option 1 can't work.

A default value of skyline-horizontal-padding of 1.2 gets
skyline-horizontal-padding.ly to work well.

An override to System 'skyline-horizontal-padding = #0 in
stem-length-estimation.ly gets it working well.  Since we already have
overrides to make this regtest work, I don't see it as a big problem to add
another.

Thanks,

Carl