Re: Docs: automatic accidentals (was: Odd output)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Docs: automatic accidentals (was: Odd output)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 23:25:36 -0800

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 15:56:25 -0800, Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 01:46:24 -0500 James Lowe <address@hidden> wrote:>
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#Known-issues-and-warnings-30>

PS To anyone else who knows, if this known issue does apply in this case, then
it might be a good idea to not use the word 'chord' as that can mean different
things to different types of musicians - if you see what I mean. We could
therefore edit the documentation?

Good point.  The issue regarding accidentals is not limited to chords.
Also, LilyPond *does* support such chords, most of the time. (The relevant
reg-test is ‘accidental-placement-samepitch.ly’)

Docs patch attached.

The accidental missing in <<fis f>> is not limited to chords, so its explanation goes
under "Pitches, accidentals".

The collision in <e f! fis!> is related to chords, meaning note heads on a shared stem,
so it goes under "Chords".
-Keith