Quanting and issue 37

From: mike
Subject: Quanting and issue 37
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 06:49:28 -0500

Hey all,

I am trying to understand beam-quanting.cc better, and I think I know how I'm
gonna tackle this.

I'm going to put my collision callback before beam quanting, and then try
something to the effect of:

if (the beam was pushed up during the collision callback)
  impose an insanely prohibitive demerit for the beam position going down in
the quanting
else if (the beam was pushed down during the collision callback)
  impose an insanely prohibitive demerit for the beam position going up in the
quanting

Could anyone give me a quick primer on how to do that?

Cheers,
MS