scheme extension for playback experiments

From: Dennis Raddle
Subject: scheme extension for playback experiments
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 23:14:56 -0800

I am completely new to LilyPond, but it seems like a good way to get beautiful notation, and, I hope, experiment with playback algorithms that add human touch. What I wonder is whether the Scheme extension language would let me easily examine the notes, dynamics, hairpins, articulations, and ornaments in the file and write that into some custom file format that can be processed by some of my Python scripts that experiment with human touch playback.

I am a professional programmer with some prior Lisp experience.

This would let me use LilyPond's convenient text input to enter the notes, let me see them in beautiful format, and let me export them to my Python scripts.

How feasible is this idea?

Thanks,
Dennis