Re: Fix 1120 in a way to avoid issues 1472, 1474 (issue4095041)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Fix 1120 in a way to avoid issues 1472, 1474 (issue4095041)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 19:36:18 +0000

On 2011/01/31 11:20:39, hanwenn wrote:
* this hardcodes 0.1 in several places. Make a property,
so we can override this

Agreed in principle; the relevant property extra-spacing-height should
absorb these magic numbers, but I am not willing to do so in this patch.

The 0.1s were in the previous stable release; commit ee0488 tried to
remove them, but had side effects.  This patch reverts ee0488 (thus
bringing back the ugly 0.1s) then adjusts a few existing properties to
have the desired effects of ee0488.

I began looking into absorbing the 0.1s into the extra-spacing-height of
all the objects who need it, thus completing the job of ee0488. I
concluded that negative extra-spacing-height for Lyrics was necessary
for that task, so proposed this patch first.

* rewrite the commit description so it explains what you are doing >
(ie. what issues 1120, 1472, 1474 are).

I gave words to the issue numbers on Rietveld; the git commit text will
be a shortened version in that style.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4095041/