RE: regression tests for white mensural ligature enhancements (issue3989

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: regression tests for white mensural ligature enhancements (issue3989049)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 17:05:33 +0000

Benko,

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Benko Pál
Sent: 02 February 2011 16:22
To: Graham Percival
Cc: address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden
Subject: Re: regression tests for white mensural ligature enhancements
(issue3989049)

>> > http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notat
>> > ion/ancient.itely#newcode966
>> > Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:966: \[ d\longa Can we put
>> > note durations for the first note of every new line (again as per
>> > the CG)?
>>
>> I'm afraid I don't get this.  all first notes have duration, don't they?
>
> The first note on *every line*.

still confused, but a new idea struck me: the problem is not with that example,
but with all other?  I hope I'll have time to do that in two days.

---

The CG asks that for every new line of music you put the note length of the
first note of every measure that starts a new line, even though it is not
technically needed.

That's all.

So for example

\override NoteHead #'style = #'blackpetrucci
  a'8*4/3 a'
  \override NoteHead #'style = #'petrucci
  a'\longa

should be written

\override NoteHead #'style = #'blackpetrucci
  a'8*4/3 a' % <------ note is only numbered on first instance of same line
  \override NoteHead #'style = #'petrucci
  a'8\longa  % <------ note is numbered on first instance of next new line

Does this help?