Re: Add Modal transformations (issue4126042)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: Add Modal transformations (issue4126042)
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 01:43:38 +0000

LGTM.  I don't think you need to wait until Sat.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4126042/diff/3009/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely
File Documentation/notation/pitches.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4126042/diff/3009/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely#newcode840
Documentation/notation/pitches.itely:840: A motif can be transposed
within a given scale with
colon please:

http://codereview.appspot.com/4126042/diff/3009/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely#newcode851
Documentation/notation/pitches.itely:851: diatonicScale = \relative c' {
c d e f g a b }
(incidentally, only my first reading of the patch, I didn't notice that
stuff like \diatonicScale was created in the examples; I thought they
were getting defined in a scm file or something.  If I'd noticed that, I
wouldn't have bothered nitpicking about the names)

http://codereview.appspot.com/4126042/diff/3009/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely#newcode903
Documentation/notation/pitches.itely:903: note with
Colon please:

http://codereview.appspot.com/4126042/diff/3009/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely#newcode933
Documentation/notation/pitches.itely:933: A motif can be reversed to
produce its retrograde with
ditto:

although in this case, I really don't think we need an @example.  I
mean,
  \retograde \music-expression
is pretty clear.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4126042/diff/3009/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely#newcode972
Documentation/notation/pitches.itely:972: Manual ties inside
@code{\retrograde} will be broken and
not a patch comment, but I'm intrigued -- how often do you think that
people use automatic ties?  And why does this code work with the
Completion_heads_engraver but not manual ties?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4126042/diff/3009/input/regression/modal-transforms.ly
File input/regression/modal-transforms.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4126042/diff/3009/input/regression/modal-transforms.ly#newcode9
input/regression/modal-transforms.ly:9: ges' aes' a' b'
heh, I thought that after so many people reviewing it, there'd be
nothing "substantial" left to comment on.

missing duration:
  ges'4
:)

oh wait, this is a regtest, not the docs.  ok, never mind, we're not
fussy about input code syntax here.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4126042/